Town of Davidson Proposes Budget for Fiscal Year 2021-22
Community Members Encouraged to Participate in Process
At the May 11 Davidson Board of Commissioners meeting, Town Manager Jamie Justice, Assistant Town Manager Karen Whichard and Finance Director Piet Swart initiated the budget approval process by presenting the proposed budget for fiscal year 2021-22 (July 1, 2021 – June 30, 2022).
All budget documents are available on the town’s website at www.townofdavidson.org/budget.
The recommended budget includes:
- General fund budget of $13.51 million, a 5.6% increase from last year
- Stable tax rate of $.29 per $100 valuation
- No stormwater or solid waste fee increases
- Steps to recover from COVID-19
- Prioritization of 2020-21 Strategic Plan goal areas
- Maintaining community services
- Careful utilization of American Rescue Plan Dollars forthcoming
The board of commissioners will discuss the budget at their May 25 meeting and will consider for approval at the June 8 meeting. VIRTUAL PUBLIC HEARING
Community members are invited to engage in this process during the virtual public hearing scheduled for May 25, 2021 at 6:00 p.m. Residents are encouraged to share their thoughts on the proposed FY 2021-22 Budget.
In order to ensure public participation, the following options prior to the budget public hearing will be available for public comment. These options were developed to allow different technologies to be used ensuring equitable and robust comment opportunities:
- Email: The public will be allowed to participate in the public hearing by sending written comments to firstname.lastname@example.org of no more than 400 words via email. If the email is submitted by 5:00 pm on Tuesday, May 25, 2021, the comments will be read aloud at the meeting. In keeping with the board’s current procedures, only three minutes of verbal reading will be allowed per email. The deadline to submit by email is 6:00 pm on Wednesday, May 26, 2021.
- Phone: The public will be able to call (704) 940-9614 and leave a voicemail message in order to provide public comment. These messages will be played during the public hearing period, but will be limited to three minutes. The deadline to submit by phone is 5:00 pm on Tuesday, May 25, 2021.
Residents may also send an email to email@example.com to ask questions and/or share feedback.
Want more information on what’s going on in Davidson? Be sure to visit our website often, follow us on Facebook and on Twitter and sign up for our eCrier email distribution list.