The Livability Board's mission is to serve as a sounding board and provide advice and recommendations to staff on any and all questions concerning parks, recreation, healthy living initiatives, trees and natural assets, greenways and trails, bicycle and pedestrian facilities, and policies.
The Livability Board may be called upon for advice and recommendations to the Board of Commissioners in any or all of the following areas of concern:
- To create and promote an enjoyable place to live, learn, work, and play
- To support safe and vibrant spaces and neighborhoods
- To promote cultural, socioeconomic, and age diversity
- To encourage committed civic involvement and responsibility
- To provide sustainable and healthy choices for transportation, food, and energy use
- To enable faithful stewardship of natural and historic resources
SubcommitteesThe subcommittees are composed of Livability Board members and Davidson community members. Subcommittee meetings are typically held after the conclusion of the regular Livability Board meeting at approximately 8:00 p.m.
- Parks and Recreation - staff liaison: Leslie Willis - Parks and Recreation Master Plan and Programming
- Walks and Rolls - staff liaison: Charlene Minor - Design for Life, Greenways, Potts/Sloan Connector, Walks and Rolls Master Plan
- Trees and Natural Assets - staff liaison: Charlene Minor/Peter Grisewood - DLC Liaison, Tree City Designation, Trees Davidson, Arbor Day, Watercrafts
- Meets the third Tuesday of each month at 7:00 p.m. (No Meeting in December)
- As of August 2021, the Livability Board is meeting virtually until further notice.
- Davidson Town Hall Board Room
216 S Main Street
Davidson, NC 28036
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings.Minutes are available following approval.
Click here to view agendas and minutes.
- George Berger, Chair
- Jane Cacchione, Vice-Chair
- Resai Bengur
- John Cock
- Patrick Coleman
- Gabrielle Craig
- Brent Evans, Secretary
- Jennifer Fielder
- Cheri Foreman
- Raul Galvan (Davidson College Student)
- Deborah Keenan
- Melissa Machan
- Marybeth Schwartz
- Tom Shandley
- Matthew Walt
- Jesse Bouk (Staff)
- Gina Carmon (Staff)
- Charlene Minor (Staff)