Davidson Bay Phase II
- The Board of Commissioners approved Hopper Communities Master Plan Amendment for Building Envelopes A, B, and C at their October 22, 2019 regular meeting. The amendment includes a reduction in residential and commercial density (56 townhomes; +/-20,000 sf commercial; 2 quadplex buildings). See additional details under the master plan amendment tab below.
- Construction documents for Envelopes A, B, and C were approved by Mecklenburg County and the Town in December 2020. The project team anticipates site work beginning in early 2021, with construction of townhomes to begin in fall of 2021.
- Planning Area: Village Infill
- Project Location: Davidson Bay Phase II is located along the north side of Armour Street just west of the Beaty Street and Armour Street intersection.
- Parcel IDs: 00328516,00328534, 00328510, 00328595, 00328599, 00328564, 00328223, 00328267, 00328655, 00328637, 00328639, 00328656, 00328651, 00328649, 00328647, 00328644, 00328643
- Project Description: The approved development consists of +/-245 residential units that are a mixture of single-family detached, quadplex, and townhome structures. There will be +/-20,000 square feet of mixed-use commercial space.
- Developer: Dominic Liburdi
- Developer for Phase II Master Plan Amendment (Envelopes A, B, & C): Hopper Communities
- Property Owner: Beaty Street Development LLC, Dominic Liburdi, email@example.com
- Developer for Phase II Master Plan Amendment: Hopper Communities, J. Bart Hopper, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Town Staff Contact: Lindsay Laird, Planner, email@example.com
2019 Davidson Bay Master Plan Amendment (Approved)
Hopper Communities, LLC proposes a master plan amendment for a 4.8± acre site located at the corner of Beaty and Armour Streets in Davidson, NC (725 Beaty Street; Parcel ID 00328269). The proposal includes 56 townhomes, two quadplex buildings, a commercial building (20,000± square feet), and public park space. This Master Plan Amendment proposes a reduction in the approved residential unit count from 108 to 64 units, and commercial square footage from 38,000± square feet to 20,000± square feet for this portion of the Davidson Bay development. As a substantial amendment to the approved master plan for Davidson Bay Phase II, this amendment required approval by the Town Board.
This portion of Davidson Bay Phase II (Envelopes A, B, & C) has been renamed Davidson Walk.
- Site Plan 2019 for Davidson Bay Ph II, Envelopes A, B, and C (Approved 10/22/19)
- Public Input Session (8/12/19) Documentation:
- Construction Documents for Envelopes A, B, and C (Approved 12/17/20)
- Applicant: Hopper Communities, LLC, J. Bart Hopper, firstname.lastname@example.org