251 South Street & Town Hall
Project Description: With voter approval, the Town of Davidson will be proceeding with a $14 million dollar project in support of public facilities for public safety, town staff and programming, and community use.
Design Review Board & Historic Preservation Commission Approved Plans:
Project Status: Active
Page Updated: 05/19/21
Project name: 251 South Street & Town Hall
Cost: $14,000.000 (both projects)
Funding source: General Obligation Bonds issuance
Funding status: Approved by Davidson voters in November 2019
- May 19, 2021 - Building plans for 251 South Street were approved by the Davidson Design Review Board. Plans for 216 South Main St (Town Hall) were approved by the Historic Preservation Commission. Approved plans are available under the "Documents" tab above.
- February 1, 2021 - Site mobilization to begin, including perimeter fencing, new dumpsters, and additional construction traffic. This phase is anticipated to last a few months.
- September 22, 2020 - Public Facilities update to Board of Commissioners related to pricing after the completion of the design development phase.
- July 28, 2020 - Assistant Town Manager Karen Whichard updated the Town Board on the feedback from the Historic Landmarks Commission, shared updated floor plans, and made a recommendation for how to locate the board meeting chamber in the building.
- January 14, 2020 - Staff briefed the Board of Commissioners on the process of entering into professional service agreements with Creech & Associates and Edifice, Inc., reviewed the overall project schedule, and discussed the scope of the contracts for consideration and approval.
- November 5, 2019 - Voters in Davidson pass referendum to pay for public facilities.
- September 10, 2019 - Communications Director Amanda Preston presented the communications plan for information sharing about the public facilities project in advance of the 2019 election to the Board of Commissioners.
- August 27, 2019 - Presentation to Board of Commissioners regarding debt payment play for public facilities.
- August 13, 2019 - Resolution 2019-33 adopting Public Facilities Bond Order and Resolution 2019-34 Setting G.O. Bond Referendum Date.
- July 23, 2019 - Public Hearing to place $14 million GO Bond on the ballot.
- July 9, 2019 - GO Bond order resolution presented to Board of Commissioners.
- June 11, 2019 - Final conceptual design and pricing presented to Board of Commissioners. Town Board initiated the process to place a $14 million general obligation bond referendum on the November 5, 2019 ballot for consideration by the voters of Davidson in order to pay for public facilities.
- May 28, 2019 - Conceptual design and pricing presented to Board of Commissioners.
- May 7, 2019 - Visioning Workshop with the Town Board.
- March 26, 2019 - 251 South Street Steering Committee presented recommendations to Board of Commissioners.
- December 13, 2018 - Town of Davidson purchased the property at 251 South Street and launched the 251 South Street Task Force application process.
Town of Davidson
Betsy Shores, Town of Davidson Clerk