Davidson Farms (Kistler Farm Rd.)
Construction Documents Under Review
May 2020: The project team submitted Construction Documents for review by Town of Davidson and Mecklenburg County staff.
April 2020: Town of Davidson approved the master plan on April 21, 2020.
March 2020: In late March the project team submitted a revised master plan reflecting November’s Public Input Session (PIS) comments, ordinance requirements, and Planning Board comments offered at their February 24, 2020 meeting. This updated plan, along with the PIS Report, can be viewed under the Documents tab (see below). The project is following the Master Plan process detailed in Davidson Planning Ordinance section 14.6.
- Planning Area: Rural Planning Area
- Project Address: East Rocky River Rd. (Unaddressed) and 19525 Kistler Farm Rd., Davidson, NC 28036
- Parcel ID: 00725116 and 00725120
- Acres: 30.391
- Building Type: Single-Family Detached Home
- Development Description: The master plan envisions 15 single-family detached home lots fronting existing and new interconnected streets as well as open spaces. The plan encompasses the parcel at the northeast corner of Kistler Farm Rd. and East Rocky River Rd. and the parcel at the far eastern end of East Rocky River Rd.
- Developer: Diamondback Development, LLC
- May: The project team submitted Construction Documents for review by Town of Davidson and Mecklenburg County staff.
- April: Town of Davidson staff approved the master plan on April 21, 2020.
- March: Revised plans have been submitted and are currently under review by Town of Davidson and Mecklenburg County staff.
- February: The project team submitted revised plans to the Town of Davidson and Mecklenburg County. The Planning Board reviewed the plans and offered comment at their February 24, 2020 meeting.
- November: A revised site plan and Public Input Session materials were submitted. A Public Input Session is scheduled for November 19, 2019. See the Updates section at the top of the page for more information.
- August - November: The project team continued to revise the documentation to meet the ordinance requirements.
- May/July: On May 28 the Board of Commissioners denied extension of sewer to the site. On July 23 the Board of Commissioners approved extension of sewer to the site.
- April: The project team submitted an application and preliminary sketch plan. Mecklenburg County and Town of Davidson staff reviewed the plan and determined it did not meet county or town requirements. The application included a completed Charlotte Water form indicating that the proposed development was deemed a sewer extension; extensions require approval by the Board of Commissioners.
- Winter/Spring: The project team continued to refine plans in order to meet the Davidson Planning Ordinance requirements.
- Fall: In October 2018, a representative from the development team contacted the town and met to discuss the Rural Planning Area requirements. The project team presented initial plans exploring different development scenarios, which did not meet the Davidson Planning Ordinance Requirements. Subsequent concept plans were developed by the project team in November and December.
- Construction Document Set (Note: This file is large and may take time to download)
- Master Plan Application
- Site Plan Documents - Master Plan Only
- Site Plan Documents - Full Set (Note: This file is large and may take time to download)
- Site Plan Documents - Environmental Inventory
- Site Plan Documents - Tree Save Plan
- Site Plan Documents - Landscape Plan
- Planning Board Staff Analysis
- Public Input Session Report
- Developer: Diamondback Development, Jay Shott, email@example.com
- Site Design: Dewberry Engineers, Inc., Adam Hayes, ahayes@Dewberry.com
- Town of Davidson: Trey Akers, Senior Planner, firstname.lastname@example.org