Town of Davidson's Earth Day Fair: Celebrate at the Davidson Farmers Market on Saturday, April 20
The Town of Davidson invites the community to the Earth Day Fair on Saturday, April 20 from 9:00 a.m. to noon at the Davidson Farmers Market (behind Summit Coffee and adjacent to town hall). Earth Day is celebrated annually around the world on April 22.
The Earth Day fair will feature:
- Local beekeeper: honey bee exhibit, learn about Davidson’s Bee City USA designation and how native plants support pollinators
- Wipe Out Waste recycling and hazardous waste information for Mecklenburg County
- Solar Power Q & A with Renu Energy Solutions
- Davidson Parks and Recreation vehicle, the ELF bike: Electric, Light, Fun
- Children’s activities throughout the fair: Davidson Lands Conservancy’s World of Wonder will make bee hotels, offer face painting, and more
Support the “Bike/Walk to the Market Challenge” by traveling “carbon free” or taking public transit to the event. You’ll earn a Farmers Market buck (one per family). Stop by the Davidson Park booth for your prize.
Visit the Davidson Parks and Recreation booth for more information about May’s National Bike Month – local events include:
- Bike/Walk to Town Day (May 4)
- National Bike to School Day (May 8)
- Lake Norman Bike Expo and Community Ride (May 11)
- National Bike to Work Week (May 13 – 17)
- Davidson Tour de Trees (May 18)
Visit www.townofdavidson.org/bikemonth to learn more about National Bike Month events. Register for the community bike ride or Tour de Trees at www.townofdavidson.org/dpr.
Please call Davidson Parks and Recreation at 704-892-3349 for more information.