Citizens Invited to Learn about our
Public Facilities Proposal:
July 19, 21 and August 11
Citizens are invited to learn about and provide input on our current public facilities proposal to renovate the former IB school on South Street for a new town hall and renovate our existing town hall for the police and fire departments on the following dates:
- Thursday, July 19 from 5:00 to 7:00 p.m.: Open house and ice cream social at the former IB school located at 215 South Street.
- Saturday, July 21 and Saturday, August 11 from 9:00 a.m. to noon: Visit our table at the Davidson Farmer’s Market
At the open house, you’ll get to:
- Tour the building to see how it will be renovated,
- See plans for each floor, as well as renovation plans for our existing town hall
- Listen to former Davidson College Archivist Jan Blodgett share the history of the site (5:00, 5:30, 6:00 and 6:30 p.m. in the auditorium),
- Post your memories of the school (Were you are student there? Did one of your kids go there? Did you teach there?) on a big poster,
- Enjoy Whit’s Frozen Custard and iced tea, and
- Speak with your elected officials and town staff to share your feedback or fill out a comment card
The Davidson Board of Commissioners and town staff will be available at all three opportunities to interact with citizens. Please join us; we want to hear from you.
Why is the town considering this public facilities project?
As Davidson’s population has grown from 4,000 in 1990 to almost 13,000 today, we have outgrown our existing town hall. Ensuring adequate space for all departments, board of commissioners' meetings, and community meeting space is particularly critical. We need to invest in our public facilities in order to keep pace with our service needs. For more information, we encourage you to visit www.townofdavidson.org/PublicFacilities. If you have questions or comments, please email us at PublicFacilities@townofdavidson.org.