Robert Walker Drive/Davidson-Concord Road Roundabout Project
The Davidson Board of Commissioners voted to approve an agreement with the North Carolina Department of Transportation to start the design of a roundabout for the intersection of Robert Walker Drive and Davidson-Concord Road. The town is responsible for 20% of the overall project costs – our total cost will be approx. $252,000. The immediate commitment is $30,000, which is 20% of the design cost. Securing this funding is a big achievement for our town – we’re getting a huge improvement to this intersection from a traffic flow and safety perspective and only have to pay for 20% of the cost. Construction for this project could begin the summer of 2019.
Park at Beaty Street Task Force
The Davidson Board of Commissioners approved a resolution authorizing the start of the conceptual plan process for a park on the approximately 19 acres of town-owned land on Beaty Street. Kathryn Spatz, the Davidson Parks Recreation Department Director will serve as the staff liaison to this citizen-led task force. The group is charged with the following:
- Sponsor public forums to solicit community input and identify recreational needs
- Identify and evaluate all assets on-site
- Investigate park and recreation elements needed, including walking trails and other amenities
- Consider ancillary uses as appropriate, respecting historic character of surrounding parcels
- Develop planning level cost estimates for the various options to help in setting priorities and developing financing plans
- Evaluate each option on the basis of capital and operational costs, potential impacts on the natural environment, potential revenues, recreational needs and effect on programs
- Meet with the Davidson Board of Commissioners for review and comment before making final recommendations
- Make recommendations for the consideration of the Davidson Board of Commissioners
Applications for this task force are now available through April 30 at www.townofdavidson.org/ParkatBeatyStTF. The task force is expected to begin their work in May.
Public Comment Period Policy
The Davidson Board of Commissioners discussed rules for public comment periods. They will consider adoption of this policy at their April 24 meeting. Citizens may review the proposed policy (https://davidson.novusagenda.com/agendapublic/CoverSheet.aspx?ItemID=2549&MeetingID=642) and send feedback to the board of commissioners at email@example.com or comment during the public comment period at the April 24 meeting.
The property owners 13101 Mayes Rd, Huntersville (Parcel # 00716221) are requesting a voluntary non-contiguous annexation. The Davidson Board of Commissioners voted to direct the town clerk to investigate a voluntary non-contiguous annexation petition which will result in a public hearing at a future meeting.