Citizens Invited to Provide Feedback on Downtown Catalyst Study: Roundtable Discussions February 18 and 25
Citizens are invited to attend one of four identical roundtable discussions on the Downtown Catalyst Feasibility Study at the Davidson College Presbyterian Church Congregation House (218 Concord Road) on:
• Thursday, February 18 from 9:00 to 10:30 a.m.
• Thursday, February 18 from 6:00 to 7:30 p.m.
• Thursday, February 25 from 11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
• Thursday, February 25 from 7:00 to 8:30 p.m.
These roundtable discussions are open to the public and we encourage your participation. Citizens will sit at tables and a discussion will be facilitated by town staff, members of the Davidson Board of Commissioners, and the Development Finance Initiative team. Space is limited, so we encourage you to save your space by registering for a session on our website at www.townofdavidson.org/catalyst. Those who are not registered will be accommodated on a first-come, first-served basis.
Why is the town considering the Downtown Catalyst Feasibility Study?
The Town of Davidson is trying to satisfy a number of citizen needs (based on responses to our citizen surveys over the years and stakeholders meetings over the past 18 months) by studying the catalyst site. Some of the needs that could be satisfied by developing this site (include image) are:
• more parking in the downtown area,
• more retail and office space downtown,
• a permanent home for the Davidson Farmer’s Market,
• improved downtown public space,
• downtown housing, and
• increased space for public services.