- Location: Davidson Depot site is located between the railroad, Depot, Eden, and Sloan Street.
- Description of project: The proposed mixed-use development includes approximately 180 apartment units.
- Building Type: The proposed structure is a 4-story building with residential leasing and amenity space fronting the rail road.
- Property Owner: Metrolina Warehouse, LLC of Seattle, WA
- Applicant: Miller Valentine Residential Development of Cincinnati, OH
- Charlie Rulick, Vice President for Southeast and Midwest Multifamily Development
- 6135 Park South Drive, Suite 510 Charlotte, NC 28210
- Architect: Narmour Wright Architecture of Charlotte, NC
- Town Staff: Chad Hall email@example.com
Recent Update (September 21, 2016)
Davidson Depot's individual building schematic design was approved by the Town of Davidson on April 13, 2015. The project is currently undergoing environmental review for brownfield remediation, a process expected to take 12-18 months. If approved for remeditation activities, the project will be required to attend Design Review Board for architectural review.
The Davidson Design Review Board will conduct an Informational review on August 17, 2016. No decision will be made until a later date.
Miller-Valentine Group, the developer for this project, had originally planned to host a public information session on September 29, but have made the decision to postpone it.They wish to thank the community for its attendance, thoughtful comments and questions regarding the Davidson Depot project at their September 15 meeting specifically for adjacent property owners. In order to give the questions raised the thought and consideration they deserve, the company feels it is appropriate to postpone the September 29th meeting in order to further advance its redevelopment plans. Miller-Valentine Group appreciates the community’s patience in this matter and looks forward to meeting again early next year.