The 2017 Watercraft Rack Leasing Program
Are you a Davidson resident wishing to store your canoe, kayak, paddle board, or rowing skiff on the lake? Register today for the 2017 Watercraft Rack Leasing Program for a chance to lease a watercraft rack space during the 2017 calendar year. Watercraft racks are available for lease exclusively to Town of Davidson residents only.
A total of 126 rack spaces are available for lease. There are 24 spaces at Parham Park (located at 414 Davidson Gateway Dr. Davidson, NC 28036 near the Bexley at Davidson apartment community) and 102 spaces available at the Lake Davidson Nature Preserve (750 Jetton St. Davidson, NC 28036, located behind Davidson Day School), six of which are designed specifically for rowing skiffs.
Each rack space is designed to support the typical weight of one canoe, two kayaks, or three paddle boards. Please note that some, but not all of the bottom rack spaces are equipped with a bottom layer support beam. Residents can request which location to store their watercraft and whether to lease a top, middle, or bottom rack space. Davidson Parks and Recreation (DPR) staff will process requests in order from which lottery winners were drawn (first winner gets first pick of preferred location, second winner gets second pick of preferred location, etc.).
How the Program Works
Lessees are determined via an annual lottery held on November 15, 2016. All lottery enrollees will be emailed no later than November 18, 2016 with the lottery results. Registration for the lottery is free. Lottery winner must pay a $100 leaseholder fee before watercraft storage can take place. Payment is only required when you are selected as a winner.
Current leaseholders are not automatically enrolled and must enroll in the lottery each year in order to compete for a rack space. Registration for the Watercraft Rack Leasing Program closes on Monday, November 14, 2016.
Only one entry per household is permitted. During registration, you must provide your watercraft's make, model, color, and serial number. Residents can enter the lottery by calling 704-892-3349 or by clicking here.
Terms and Conditions
- Terms of Lease: January 21, 2017 - December 31, 2017.
- Before storing watercraft(s), lessees must visit the Parks and Recreation Building (located 865 South St.) to pay a $100 leaseholder fee, obtain a decal, and sign a lease agreement. Lease agreement information, payment, and decal obtainment must be completed by January 20, 2017 and must be completed in-house.
- Lottery winners will face forfeiture of rack space if the lease agreement and the $100 leaseholder fee is not satisfied by January 20, 2017. Davidson Parks and Recreation can process exact cash, checks made to “The Town of Davidson” as well as credit/debit Visa, Master and Discover cards.
- Before storing watercraft(s), lessees must adhere DPR-issued decals to the left rear of their watercraft(s). Any watercraft stored without appropriate DPR-issued decals will be impounded and will become property of the town 30 calendar days from impoundment.
- Watercraft racks are designed for storing personally owned watercrafts. Using the racks to sublease or to operate a for-profit business is strictly prohibited. Watercrafts must fit within the leased rack space as deemed appropriate by Davidson Parks and Recreation staff. Abandoned watercrafts will become property of the Town 30 calendar days from termination of lease.
Email email@example.com or call Davidson Parks and Recreation at 704-892-3349 for more information.