2021 Local Election
This year, residents will vote for mayor and five commissioners at Davidson Town Hall or Hopewell Baptist Church, depending on precinct assignments (for Mecklenburg County) and at Mt. Mourne Fire Department in Mooresville for Davidson Pointe residents.
For a complete list of Mecklenburg County candidates, please click here.
Board of Elections Information
- Voter registration deadline: Friday, October 8, 2021 at 5:00 p.m.
- One stop early voting begins: Thursday, October 23, 2021 at 8:00 a.m. See the schedule here 2021 Local Election 2021 Local Election. Davidson residents will now be able to vote early at the Davidson Public Library!
- Last day to request an absentee ballot by mail: Tuesday, October 26, 2021. Click here 2021 Local Election for a Mecklenburg County application.
- One stop early voting ends: Saturday, October 30, 2021 at 3:00 p.m.
- Election Day 2021: Tuesday, November 2, 6:30 a.m. - 7:30 p.m.
- Absentee return deadline: Tuesday, November 2, 2021 at 5:00 p.m.
The Iredell County voter application (for Davidson Pointe residents) can be found here Version OptionsElectionsHeadline2021 Local ElectionGeneral InformationElection Resources, and other Iredell County election information is located on its Board of Elections website.
Residents are encouraged to virtually attend an election forum in October. The election for mayor and five commissioners for the Davidson Board of Commissioners will take place on Tuesday, November 2, 2021. All forums are free and open to the public.
October 14, 2021 at 7:00 p.m: Lake Norman Chamber - Virtual
October 27, 2021 at 7:00 p.m: River Run Property Owners Association Board - Virtual
Voting in the United States is free and voluntary; this is an opportunity to let your voice be heard!
To vote, one must be a U.S. citizen and at least 18 years of age on election day. States also require various periods of residency before voting is permitted. Most states have two other rules as well: A voter cannot be a felon (someone who has committed a serious crime) or mentally incompetent.
For comprehensive voting information, please see the following: