Take the kids to play at the playground and stroll around the pond. This park features a playground, picnic area, boardwalks, paved walking trails, a memorial tree garden, public restrooms, water fountain, and lots of geese. With its large pond and bubbling fountain, this park is a great spot for picnics, fishing, bird-watching, and walks.
420 Griffith Street
Over the past few years we:
• repaired the boardwalk over the pond,
• replaced the concrete walkway,
• pruned trees, and
• replaced the causeway along Griffith Street.
We are currently working on:
• the landscape design for the north side of the park,
• installation of pavers and sod,
• replacing more concrete walkway, and
• the installation of a new play structure.
In the future, we will:
• install public art on the south side of the park,
• improve the picnic shelter,
• design and install landscaping on the south side of the park, and
• paint the guardrail.
The Town of Davidson is contracting Charlotte Patio and Walls to demolish asphalt walkway and to install pervious pavers at the northeast end of Roosevelt Wilson Park. Work is scheduled to start on Monday, March 7, with an expected completion by the end of May. Working hours will be Monday to Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. View the master plan for the park here.
The benefits of the project are:
• Erosion along the pond bank will be controlled
• Failed asphalt pavement will be replaced with an attractive, environmentally-friendly product
• More and newer benches will be installed
• New landscaping
The town will install safety fencing around the work area to ensure public safety. The causeway and sidewalk along Griffith Street will remain open throughout the project. If there are any questions about the project, please contact Doug Wright at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 704-940-9625.