- 10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- Saturday, May 6, 2017
- Town Green
Join us for TOWN DAY on the Green: Saturday, May 6 from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Join us for Town Day from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. on Saturday, May 6 on the town green. We encourage all citizens to walk or ride a bike (May is National Bike Month) to the green. We’ll have police officers stationed at key intersections to ensure safety. Ride your bike and park it in the ‘Bike Corral’ near the Town of Davidson’s booth.
Town Day will include two new events this year. The Davidson "Amazing Race," similar to the TV show, will take place from the downtown area to Circles at 30. and a "Sidewalk Chalk Art" event. Each participant will be given a section of sidewalk to chalk a picture that evokes what Davidson means to them.
For more information or to sign up for either event, please call 704-892-3349 or sign-up online at www.townofdavidson.org/dpr.
Once at the green you’ll enjoy:
- a cake walk,
- monkey bridge,
- Vision Van for free eye screening,
- creation of wildflower seed-packets,
- scavenger hunts,
- paper vase decorating,
- face painting,
- photo booth with costumes,
- storytelling through participation,
- the Lake Norman Currents Canine Cover Dog Competition,
- music, entertainment, and food, and
- many booths featuring Davidson organizations.
- see the solar-electric E.L.F. bike (the new parks and recreation vehicle),
- safely dispose of expired and unused pharmaceuticals,
- register for our Vial of Life program (ensure that first responders receive your medical information during an emergency),
- learn about the town’s pedestrian and bicyclist safety campaign, Watch For Me NC,
- learn about child safety and anti-bullying,
- meet McGruff the crime dog,
- register for the CharMeck Alerts system,
- get information on the programs and summer camps offered by the parks and recreation department, and
- the Davidson Fire Department will display a fire truck on Main Street.
Applications (Open March 1)
This year's Town Day will continue the tradition of the original Town Day, a celebration of community service accomplishments of Davidson's citizens. Vendors must meet the following criteria in order to have a booth at Town Day:
- Must be a nonprofit or community-oriented organization.
- Must be within the Davidson town jurisdiction.
- Must provide a game or activity (may not just hand out literature).
- There is no fee to participate, however, the organization may sell their own tickets or charge a fee for their activity.
- All money collection is the responsibility of the organization.
For More Information
Click here for a Town Day Application to print and return to Davidson Parks and Recreation. You may also fill out an online application.
Please contact Davidson Parks and Recreation at or 704-892-3349 with questions.