- 10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- Saturday, May 6, 2017
- Town Green
Join us for TOWN DAY on the Green: Saturday, May 6 from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Join us for Town Day from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. on Saturday, May 6 on the town green. We encourage all citizens to walk or ride a bike (May is National Bike Month) to the green. We’ll have police officers stationed at key intersections to ensure safety. Ride your bike and park it in the ‘Bike Corral’ near the Town of Davidson’s booth.
Once at the green you’ll enjoy:
• a cake walk,
• inflatables for kids,
• giant sand pile with sand toys,
• a dunking booth (our Town Manager Jamie Justice will be in the hot seat from 11:00 to 11:30 a.m.)
• scavenger hunts
• monkey bridge
• Lego Derby
• face painting
• photos booth with costumes
• carnival games
• the Lake Norman Currents Canine Cover Dog Competition,
• music, entertainment, and food, and
• many booths featuring Davidson organizations.
Visit the Town of Davidson’s booth to:
• see and ride the E.L.F. (the new parks and recreation vehicle),
• help us name the E.L.F.
• safely dispose of expired and unused pharmaceuticals,
• register for our Vial of Life program (ensure that first responders receive your medical information during an emergency)
• learn about the town’s pedestrian and bicyclist safety campaign, Watch For Me NC,
• learn about child safety and anti-bullying,
• meet McGruff the crime dog,
• register for the CharMeck Alerts system, and
• get information on the programs and summer camps offered by the parks and recreation department.
The Davidson Fire Department will display a fire truck on Main Street.
Town Day started as a day of service, so this year we’ve planned two activities to help the environment and our citizens: the Lake Davidson Clean-Up and QPR training.
Lake Davidson Clean-Up
• Saturday, May 7 from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
• Meet at the Lake Davidson Nature Preserve at 750 Jetton Street
The Davidson Police and Parks & Recreation Departments are partnering to lead volunteers in a lake clean-up project. Please meet at the entrance of the preserve. We will divide volunteers into teams and provide litter grabbers, trash bags, and gloves. To sign up, please visit http://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e0a45a8ae23a1fa7-lake/ or just show up on Saturday!
For more information, please contact James Adams at email@example.com or 704-245-5732.
QPR (Question Persuade Refer) Training
• Saturday, May 7 from 10:30 a.m. to noon
• Meet at Davidson Parks & Recreation, 865 South Street
Just like CPR, QPR is an emergency response to someone in crisis and can save lives. The QPR mission is to reduce suicidal behaviors and save lives by providing innovative, practical, and proven suicide prevention training. You may register here: http://townofdavidson.recdesk.com//recdeskportal/TownofDavidson/ProgramDetail/tabid/1874/default.aspx?ProgramID=1396&mode=1
“This is our 46th annual Town Day, so we’re excited for citizens to come out and celebrate our wonderful town,” said Health Living and Wellness Supervisor Leslie Willis. “We hope everyone will enjoy the events we have planned.”
For more information, please contact Leslie Willis at 704-940-9609 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications (Now Closed)
This year's Town Day will continue the tradition of the original Town Day, a celebration of community service accomplishments of Davidson's citizens. Vendors must meet the following criteria in order to have a booth at Town Day:
- Must be a nonprofit or community-oriented organization.
- Must be within the Davidson town jurisdiction.
- Must provide a game or activity (may not just hand out literature).
- There is no fee to participate, however, the organization may sell their own tickets or charge a fee for their activity.
- All money collection is the responsibility of the organization.
For More Information
Click here for a Town Day Application to print and return to Tina Gibson. You may also fill out an online application.
Please contact Kim Fleming at or 704-940-9622 with questions