Davidson was one of the first communities in the North Mecklenburg area to arrange for curbside recycling. The following items may be recycled:
- Plastic bottles and jugs (except #6) -- caps should be removed.
- Wide-mouth plastic containers
- Rigid plastics
- Empty aerosol cans
- Milk and juice cartons, juice boxes
- Metal food cans
- Spiral paper cans ( i.e. frozen juice cans)
- Glass jars/bottles (all colors) (no lids or caps, ceramic cups, window/windshield glass, pyrex, or glass dinnerware (plates and cups))
- Junk mail and mixed paper (office paper, junk mail, envelopes, cereal boxes without liners, paper bags, gift boxes, gift wrap, dry food boxes, beer and soda cartons, mail tubes, paper towel rolls, index cards, file folders, paper egg cartons and paper food trays). (No paper contaminated with food residue, diapers, text books, Styrofoam, plastic food containers with a #6, gift bows and ribbons, and plastic grocery bags!)
- Newspapers and inserts
- Magazines and catalogs
- Telephone books
- Cereal and food boxes (without liners)
- Paperback books
- Flattened corrugated cardboard (empty pizza boxes now accepted!)
Other Recycling & Garbage Options
There is a recycling center on Highway 21, south of Huntersville, that will accept other trash and recyclables. The center is open Monday through Saturday from 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. You must separate your trash and place it in large metal containers at the recycling center.
Note: Recycled mulch is also available for pick up at the site for a very reasonable cost. Prices are available at the recycling center.
Additional Red Carts for Recyclables
Call Republic Waste Services at 704-393-6900 to request an additional cart. You will be billed directly at $7.92 per quarter.