251 South Street & Town Hall
Project Description: With voter approval, the Town of Davidson will be proceeding with a $14 million dollar project in support of public facilities for public safety, town staff and programming, and community use.
Project Status: Active
Page Updated: 02/02/21
Project name: 251 South Street & Town Hall
Cost: $14,000.000 (both projects)
Funding source: General Obligation Bonds issuance
Funding status: Approved by Davidson voters in November 2019
- February 1, 2021 - Site mobilization to begin, including perimeter fencing, new dumpsters, and additional construction traffic. This phase is anticipated to last a few months.
- September 22, 2020 - Public Facilities update to Board of Commissioners related to pricing after the completion of the design development phase.
- July 28, 2020 - Assistant Town Manager Karen Whichard updated the Town Board on the feedback from the Historic Landmarks Commission, shared updated floor plans, and made a recommendation for how to locate the board meeting chamber in the building.
- January 14, 2020 - Staff briefed the Board of Commissioners on the process of entering into professional service agreements with Creech & Associates and Edifice, Inc., reviewed the overall project schedule, and discussed the scope of the contracts for consideration and approval.
- November 5, 2019 - Voters in Davidson pass referendum to pay for public facilities.
- September 10, 2019 - Communications Director Amanda Preston presented the communications plan for information sharing about the public facilities project in advance of the 2019 election to the Board of Commissioners.
- August 27, 2019 - Presentation to Board of Commissioners regarding debt payment play for public facilities.
- August 13, 2019 - Resolution 2019-33 adopting Public Facilities Bond Order and Resolution 2019-34 Setting G.O. Bond Referendum Date.
- July 23, 2019 - Public Hearing to place $14 million GO Bond on the ballot.
- July 9, 2019 - GO Bond order resolution presented to Board of Commissioners.
- June 11, 2019 - Final conceptual design and pricing presented to Board of Commissioners. Town Board initiated the process to place a $14 million general obligation bond referendum on the November 5, 2019 ballot for consideration by the voters of Davidson in order to pay for public facilities.
- May 28, 2019 - Conceptual design and pricing presented to Board of Commissioners.
- May 7, 2019 - Visioning Workshop with the Town Board.
- March 26, 2019 - 251 South Street Steering Committee presented recommendations to Board of Commissioners.
- December 13, 2018 - Town of Davidson purchased the property at 251 South Street and launched the 251 South Street Task Force application process.